Monday, March 31, 2014
Friday, March 28, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
the game was in the middle of the afternoon. i tried really hard to not complain about the weather because it was so nice to be out of winter, but it was really hot. even though we were basically melting, it was a really fun afternoon.
after the game, i met up with deidre to go to the opening of the new shine project offices. i've talked about the shine project before, and i absolutely love the company. they employee at risk youth to make bracelets and other jewelry, and they receive college scholarships. i love supporting them whenever possible so it was perfect timing. after being in the sun all afternoon, i looked pretty rough but oh well.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
1. suave is hands down my favorite. it smells pretty good, and i can use it more days. i am pretty much a walking spokesperson for suave. i suggest it to any and every one that will listen. if you haven't tried it, go now! i've only tried the silver bottle, and i've heard it's the best.
2. my hair stylist loves kms and had me hooked for a while. it smells really good and adds good texture. before i knew anything else, i really loved kms. they make a great product. i think i like it more for the texture than the dry shampoo.
Monday, March 24, 2014
i really hope you win, but if you don't and you're local, come to their next pop up shop
if you've been around for a while, you know i love 30x30 outfit challenges. kelly from modern camelot has another one coming up in april. basically pick 30 pieces of clothing and wear them for 30 days without repeating outfits. it is much easier than it sounds and a lot of fun. besides helping me realize i really do have plenty of clothes, i've made some of my best bloggy friends through 30x30. if you even think you might want to participate, let me know.
besides 30x30, there are a few fun linkups in the next couple of weeks
april 2...5 little confessions
april 9...WHAT WOULD YOU DO...with a dozen eggs
april 10...triple threat...style your spring scarves, write a post, and link up
Saturday, March 22, 2014
***i got this product complimentary from influenster for testing. all opinions are my own***
Friday, March 21, 2014
Anyways, Aubrey is off to Arizona and when she recently tweeted asking if anyone wanted to guest post, naturally, I invoked my best Katniss impression (I would be besties with J. Law #noshame) and was like, I volunteer as tribute.
So, here I am, taking over the helm of her blog to represent District pick-a-number-any-number, to introduce myself and to ask the question, what happiness look like to you?
To me, right now...Happiness is..
1. An iced caramel white chocolate mocha with no ice and extra milk. You can get more drink this way! Bad for my crystallizing veins and thirsty fat cells, but thrifty for my wallet, right?
2. The sound of my sweet fur babies snoring; both the 24-toed, 17 lb. pussy cat, Tiptoe; and her foxy, Pomeranian sister Pippa, whom she tolerates, but I adore except when she greets my boyfriend by pooping on his living room carpet.. Oops..
3. A long, hot bubble bath
|Fact: This quote is actually painted on the ceiling above the tub in the Master Bath in the home I just impulsively bought and close on, on April 1st.|
3.5. Philosophy's Pink Frosted Animal Cracker 3-in-1 (shampoo, body wash, bubble bath). It smells like the deliciously yummy treat, so you can get your fix sans calories.
4. Murder She Wrote on Netflix, all 259 episodes. I remember watching the show as a youth at my Gramman and Grandad's house. I basically grew up with Angela Lansbury's sleuthing, I'll-catch-every-murderer-this-episode character, Jessica B. Fletcher...and apparently you learn in episode 4, that the "B" stands for Beatrice. The mystery of that middle initial is solved after 28 years.
5. Spending time with my boy, exploring Memphis (we went to Graceland last weekend). In long distance relationships, you cherish the time that you actually get to physically spend together, in the same zip code versus digital dates, and I can't wait to see more new places with him.
|How adorable is my boy? He gifted me with these Chuck Taylors in February. It may be hard to read, but the inside of the shoes read: May these shoes take you great places...hopefully with me. #yesplease|
What does happiness look like to you?
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
anyone who knows me knows I love color lots and lots of color, but I can appreciate a good neutral every once in a while. a good neutral can definitely stand on it's own, but a pop of color does wonders. not sure where to start? I've got you covered.
start with a good neutral
not ready for color? add a neutral scarf.
accessories are totally my thing.
add a pop of color with a statement necklace. it's your lucky day. green brocade loves you all so much they are giving one of you this pretty spring statement necklace to dress up your neutral.
add a pop of color with shoes...one of my favorite ways to add color
add a little more color with a complimentary scarf
change it up with heels and a coordinating scarf.
i was a little obsessed with the random tumbleweed in the abandoned parking garage. sadly the wind made it really hard to use the tumbleweed how i wanted.
do you love color or do you love neutral or a little of both? make sure to enter to win the spring necklace below.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
now that the bachelor is over for a few months, we need something to talk about on tuesdays. i talk all the time about being a brand snob especially when it comes to beauty products. let's talk about some of those products. yes???
i used this picture for my #fmsphotoaday picture the other day, and it caused quite the discussion. i know this is completely ridiculous and out of control, but i use 4 mascaras every.single.day. i love long beautiful eyelashes, and this is what it takes to get them.
use all 4 in that order. i have tried to drop one of two, but it never lasts. i always go back to this same combo. i have black eyelashes so i always buy the blackest black i can get.
i realize this is crazy! i use mascara well beyond the suggested time. i also have a few connections for makeup so i don't always pay full price.
i want to know your beauty secrets. what's your fave mascara?
Monday, March 17, 2014
i went to lunch with a few bloggers in sugarhouse over the weekend. bonnie and i decided to take a few pictures after because we found the most amazing spot. i'll post more pictures another day, but we seriously love this place. besides a great spot, i also found the perfect white v neck. a few weeks ago, bonnie posted about the perfect v from wal-mart. i'm a brand snob about a lot of things, but clothes isn't always one of those things. i had good intentions to check it out until my fave v neck from target went on sale for $5. you better believe i bought 3. i'm all excited and prepped for summer now. so, if you're looking for the perfect v neck, head on over to wal-mart or target.
we had a mini retreat for work last week. we talked about getting the day going on either a positive or negative note. what are the things we can control to make the day go better? we discussed several possibilities. little things are big things to me. hearing my favorite songs, leaving the house on time, a funny morning show, a beautiful sunrise, and many others on my commute set the tone for the day. we talked about approaching each part of the day with a question. "what is my best chance for success?" what can i do to make this next event-coming into work, seeing a client, running errands, coming home the most successful possible? take a few minutes in that transition time to reset. i am guilty of not being 100% present. asking myself that question is really helping me have more positive experiences and be more present.
what about you? what do you do to resest?