Image Map

Monday, March 26, 2018

Weekend Happs-High/Low

The weekend was a complete mix of really good and a little less good. My plans for Friday evening got re-scheduled which gave me time to get a few projects done at work. I knew I would be there a little later but planned to leave at a decent time. 

I got a lot done and was happy with my progress. One of the projects was glueing some small pieces of toys together. They are part of a bigger project that really needed to get started. I finished and they are so cute. I stood on the table to take a picture and ended up falling (taking a flying leap) off the table. It was bad and funny at the same time. Since I’m not a limber child anymore it didn’t feel that great, but it could have been much worse. I’m pretty sure it knocked the wind out of me, but I made myself get up pretty quickly. I applied a very generous amount of Doterra Deep Blue and woke up not nearly as sore as I was afraid I would be.

After flying off the table on Friday I was a little afraid I might not be able to run Saturday morning, but luckily I woke up feeling mostly ok. We changed the course a little, but we did my favorite run to Liberty park. Instead of running straight to the park, we ran towards downtown first. We made a little detour to Gilgal park. It is a small park of old stone sculptures. I have never been there and it was really cool to see. We ended up at the park and ran around a bit before getting a ride back to our cars. It was the perfect running weather and such a fun run.

I met Mandi in the afternoon for lunch and wedding dress shopping. She had no idea what she wanted or didn’t want. She looked beautiful in everything. She has been engaged for about a month but seeing her in a wedding dress made it more real. She is going to be such a beautiful bride. I loved sharing that magical experience with her.

After dress shopping I met Tiffany, Sage, and Michelle to celebrate Michelle’s birthday. We had so much fun laughing and talking all the night long. It look a while for our food to get there. We kept ourselves entertained while we waited. Towards the end of dinner, a lady at the table behind us asked Tiffany about her hair. We chatted with them briefly and asked them to take our picture. The server insisted on them being in our picture which made it pretty funny. We took a few more pictures and ended up in Michelle’s car talking for another hour. Time with these girls is always a good time. I left with a very full heart and a burned out headlight.

It was too late to do anything about my headlight on Saturday night since everything was closed. Driving with a burned out headlight doesn’t seem safe so I went to autozone to get it taken care of. The nice lady that helped me purchase the light also installed it for me without me even asking. It made my day that she was so nice. 

I ended up getting food poisoning Sunday afternoon. I wasn’t feeling well for most of the day, but then all of a sudden I was pretty sick. I was supposed to go to a dinner/Easter egg hunt at Alicia and Adam’s, but I obviously didn’t make it to that. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in bed. It was not a pleasant rest of the day. Mela suggested activated charcoal, and that seemed to really help. 

Even with the lows of the weekend, it was such a great weekend. Saturday was definitely my favorite. How was your weekend? Any exciting happs?

 photo aubrey-sig_zps0ck6qpqn.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by. i love love love hearing from you! i usually respond to comments through email so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger.