this project is a little different than vinyl projects i've done before. the vinyl is more of a stencil.
1. paint the board the color of choice for the words/pictures (i chose gray)
2. allow plenty of time for paint to dry
3. apply vinyl (i bought the vinyl at wood connection, but you could also use your silhouette/cricut to cut it yourself)
4. paint over the vinyl in color of choice (i chose teal). i needed 2 coats to completely cover the gray)
5. again allow plenty of time for paint to dry
6. carefully peel off vinyl
7. touch up with small paintbrush
my decor is pretty simple this year. the holiday is so early. i have a few more crafts to make throughout the year to be all ready for next year. sometimes i like crafting on opposite seasons. do you ever do that? try it. it's kind of nice.