i've been painting my nails since i can remember. i don't ever remember my mom painting my nails although i am sure she did. painted nails make me feel pretty, and naked nails drive me crazy. a lot of people love shellac. i have a light, and sometimes i use it. most of the time i stick with regular polish, but i follow all the steps.
1. trim/file nails to desired length/shape
2. push back cuticles
4. base coat (currently using essie nail strengthener)x2
5. color x 2 (cheap polish chips-i prefer essie or OPI)
6. top coat (currently using sally hansen)
7. finish with cuticle oil if desired
if i follow all the steps, my polish usually lasts 5-7 days. i wash my hands and use hand sanitizer throughout the day, and they still stay pretty well.
do you prefer naked or painted nails? what are your steps or tricks to making polish last?
i'll be back next week with some of my fave spring colors.