**i received product from slumber cloud in exchange for writing this post. all opinions are my own.
a couple of years ago i had a regular series-5 little confessions. i miss it, and every now and then i feel the need to bring it back.
we've all seen the posts going around blogland and social media about being honest and keeping things real. bloggers often get accused of posting only the parts of our lives we want to show off. we know we all have those less than bloggable moments in life. as readers, we all love reading those posts, but as writers we sometimes avoid spilling the dirt. in the spirit of keeping things real, i bring you 5 little confessions. did you go 5 days without washing your hair? did your clean laundry sit on your floor until it was time to wash again? did you spend all weekend keeping up with the kardashians? did you eat cake for breakfast? dig up a few of your own secrets and share them below.
1. we all know i hate washing my hair. i usually wash my hair every 4-5 days, but things have gotten majorly out of control the past couple of weeks. i'm moved to a once a week schedule. it's bad.
2. along those lines, 2 weeks ago i washed my hair late saturday night and went straight to bed (without brushing my hair). as if that's not bad enough, i didn't brush it all week until i washed it again the next saturday. i probably should be worried about suddenly having dreads.
3. for years and years i set my alarm for 5:00am. i had no problem getting right out of bed and hitting the gym. the past year or two have been such a struggle. i can barely get my butt out of bed at 6:30. i have no idea how i was so dedicated to the gym, but i need to figure it out ASAP.
4. I'M SO NOT DOING IT ALL. does this really need any explanation? i was talking to kaylynn at the bella ella event last week, and she said this phrase. nothing could be more true of my life.
5. i love summer so much. i don't want it to end, but my house (especially the upstairs where the bedrooms are) is so hot. we keep the air set to 74, but i still can barely sleep it's so hot. as much as i want summer to stay forever, i'm confessing that i kind of want it to cool off a little for the sake of my sleep.
in the meantime, i discovered the perfect solution. i bought a cheap mattress pad years ago and have been using it ever since. i recently discovered the nacreous mattress pad from slumber cloud. who knew a nice mattress pad could make such a huge difference?!? not only is it soft and fluffy, it is heat managing. wow! what a difference. i put it on my bed and slept without being way too warm. it was amazing! slumber cloud has other great products, but i highly suggest this one.
they're running a contest through the end of the month. if you don't win and still want to try it out, use code AZFREND through 9/15 for 15% off your order.