when kids are bored, they act out. grocery shopping can be boring so kids often act out. one of the simplest ways to avoid the boredom meltdowns is give your toddler a job (shopping list)
yes, i realize this means extra work for you, but it will pay off in the end.
1. make a list of several foods (5-10) you buy almost every time you go to the store.
2. cut out those items from the ads or print from the computer.
3. glue, tape, etc to the child's shopping list
4. laminate (or use clear contact paper or packing tape) the shopping list
5. while at the store, have the child get the food off the shelf, put in the cart, and mark off their list with a dry erase marker or simple sticker.
now your child is actively involved in shopping and will have less time to meltdown. let me know if you try it.
how do you handle shopping with your little ones?